Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day everybody! You I didn’t even know what Earth Day was until I was in school. I think I learned about it in 1st grade. You know I didn’t even learn about it from tv. I know learning about holidays you don’t know about or celebrate on tv is a bad thing. Shame on me!

This is an Earth Day related blog. This happened 9 years ago in 2000. To my recollection this was the most fun I had on Earth Day. Ok what really happened wasn’t really Earth Day related.

I wanted to go to this concert. Some of my favorite bands were playing Save Ferris and Reel Big Fish which I had not seen live before. My dad told me he would take me and ended up taking me to a running shoe store first. He took a really long time in there looking at shoes.

When we finally get there we can’t find parking because he too so long at the shoe store. We almost missed Save Ferris.

They put on a good show. They played “Your Friend” which totally described a friend at the time. Eric was throwing candy and somebody threw a bottle at Monique.

After the show I got a Save Ferris shirt. The one with the panda on it. I had wanted it for about 2 years, but never got it. I saw this really cool Aquabats decorated car.

Then John Easdale came out (from Dramarama). It was really sad because a lot of people were booing him because they wanted to see Reel Big Fish. He sang ”What Are We Gonna Do?” and “Anything Anything”. He sang a few other songs I don’t remember. I think he sang about 5 songs. He didn’t sing the whole song it was more like a medley. When he sang “What Are We Gonna Do?” it made me think about how much I use to like that song as a 1st grader. I use to sing it all the time in the bathtub. The funny thing was after all those years I still remembered the chorus to that song.

The pit was big and aggressive; more aggressive than it was for Save Ferris. Aaron was wearing a Hawaiian shirt. I was sad they didn’t play “Trendy” that is one of my favorite songs. A compact and a nickel were thrown at Scott. When Aaron sang in the audience he said not to touch his hair. As I predicted they had Monique as their special guest since she was there before. She sang “She has a Girlfriend Now”.

After the show Aaron said he would be signing autographs. I was upset because I left my Reel Big Fish CDs in the car. I had to buy a sticker at the merchandise booth to have him sign. I met Dan and Aaron. They were both cool. Aaron shook my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment