Saturday, June 27, 2009

Winged Gwen

I finally found my white wings! I was looking for them for so many years now. Who’d would think that you could find something when you move? You usually lose things. They had been lost for many years. Since about ‘04 I think? My dad was “cleaning” and moved them somewhere. The problem is that when my dad “cleans” he moves stuff around, and doesn’t tell you he did or where he moved it to. You end up finding things you were looking for years ago years later. That’s how my art folder ended up in a wardrobe in the garage at my old house. I ended up finding it by accident while I was looking for a printer startup disk I accidentally put in the garage. I was so mad that I couldn’t find those wings I had to buy replacement wings in ‘07.

Friday, October 26, 2007
The 1st are the pink and gold fairy wings. Those are sort of a replacement for some white and silver ones I might or might not have. They are somewhere in the great abyss of the garage. I haven't seen them for years. I only paid 99 cents for those and those are the good ones that have wire. Usually for around 99 cents you can get those cheap wings that are made of organza and tulle. These came with a cheap little wand. I guess to signify they are fairy wings. I don't really care about the wand, but it's a nice little extra. When I took them out of the package they were a little dirty, but I don't mind I can just cover the dirty spots with some glitter. I could use glitter glue or loose glitter.

The funny thing is that when I tried them on at home “Excuse Me Mr.” was playing on the radio.

Here is a picture of my pink replacement wings decorated with pink and gold glitter.

The origins of these wings are a strange one. Back in March of 1999 I saw this video on tv and it gave me an idea for a Halloween costume. What was Gwen dressed as? An angel? A bee? A fairy? I wanted some wings like Gwen wore in the video. I had to wait until Halloween time to get some.






I got the collage picture from greenerpastures.

The funny thing is that when I went into my paper writings back then I didn’t mention getting the wings.

My costume was strange and I’ll admit that. It was sort of a mix between Gwen from the “New” video and Gwen in that video I saw her in wearing those wings. The real problem was nobody really knew who or what I was. I don’t know why I have that problem a lot during Halloween. Maybe I should start dressing as something more recognizable from now on. Sometimes I can be like a kid on Halloween and “make” costumes at home with clothes I find in my closet that are confusing or ambiguous looking. Here’s what I was wearing: a black jumper (dress), a lavender shirt (Not really Gwen-like I just liked wearing that shirt.), black arm warmers, black fishnets, black oxfords, and the white wings. Here are some of the things people thought I was dressed as: an angel, butterfree (from Pokemon), the angel of death, and a beetle. Whenever I told anybody Gwen was the inspiration for my Halloween costume people laughed at me.

A lot of people thought I was going to dress as a pikachu because that was the year that pikachu costumes first hit the market in the US. I couldn’t be pikachu with a store bought costume even if I wanted to (and I did a little). I haven’t fit in a kids’ Halloween costume since I was 9. This was back when there were only 2 kinds of Halloween costumes to buy adult and kids’. Well I guess baby size too, but I wouldn’t fit in a baby sized costume at 9 years old or at 15 either.

Now that I have found them and they are really dusty does anyone have any tips on how to clean them?

I just want to add something to this blog that has nothing to do with my Halloween costume, but as I was reading through my old diaries one of my former friends called the No Doubt song “Sunday Morning” ‘“Ordinary Morning”’. LOL! WTF?!

No comments:

Post a Comment