Thursday, August 6, 2009

Who Graduates in 4 Years?

This is a companion blog to this. I realized there are some other things I forgot to mention.

Who really graduates in 4 years from college now? I think out of all the people I know like 2 of them have. I’m not even sure if that’s true because they could have just forged a graduation year on their profile. One person who wrote that I think they did because they were one of the smarter people in my high school class. Some of the other smart people I’m surprised it took them like 5-6+ years to do it.

According to this article I read not many people do graduate in 4 years. Who wouldn’t want great toys and vacations? Going to class it tedious and boring. Plus it doesn’t bring in any money. I know that first hand. To be honest I’d rather have a job than go to some boring college classes. I use to think backwards about this, but now I don’t.

The one thing that confuses me about this article is that is says not to take a bunch of classes concurrently at bunch of different schools. Why not? What if the class you wanted at one school is full? Or the class is just not offered?

Personally I know that some classes don’t transfer because they are low level. You have to just build up. I mean I was taking remedial math at CSUF. It wasn’t even college level. I’m not afraid to admit this. A smart thing to do would to check the course description and see if it transfers. Usually there is some indication that it does or doesn’t.

There was another job I neglected to mention. Maybe I could be an NBC page like Kenneth from 30 Rock, or course I’d have to get a job in Burbank since I don’t live in New York. I’m not good with people, but I think if it was something I was really passionate about I could do it. I do like television. I don’t know if I would say I love it in it’s current state.

No comments:

Post a Comment