Friday, January 16, 2009

Absolute Garbage DVD Review (video portion)

I’m going to write a review of the Absolute Garbage DVD. I’m breaking it up into 2 parts; a review of the videos and a review of the documentary.

I think there could have been better liner notes in it. Well the CD doesn’t have very good liner notes in it either. It has different screen caps from the different videos including one for the “Tell Me Where it Hurts” video which is not included on the region 1 pressing of the DVD (which I have). But it is included on the region 0 pressings. I don’t mind though I’m not really crazy about that video. I don’t hate it. It’s just ok. I do really like the big picture of Shirley from the “Special” video. The DVD is white so it won’t be confused with the CD that has the same name. The CD is red.

I like “Vow”. It’s a pretty simple video. Shirley looks so young. I think she looks good with long hair. I like the necklace she is wearing in the video.

I really like the video for “Queer”. It’s very 90s, but still good. Shirley looks really sexy in that video. I like when she dresses the guy. I bet if Shirley dressed me in a stupid outfit I’d wear it because she put me in it. Even if she gave me a bad hair cut like that one she use to have.

“Only Happy When It Rains” is good too. I have a feeling I’ve seen it before, but I’m pretty sure I haven’t. It reminds me of another video I’ve seen before; a non-Garbage one. I like the pink dress Shirley is wearing.

The videos for “Stupid Girl” and “Milk” are ok.

What is the “Push It” video about? I’ve seen it a few times and I still don’t understand it. Shirley is married to the light bulb head man and she’s also the assassin? I’m not the only one because a lot of the fans are confused by that video. It kind of reminds me when the video for “Ex-girlfriend” by No Doubt came out and none of my friends could figure out what that video was about. The only person who said they “got” it was this crazy girl. I won‘t mention her by name, and no it wasn’t me.

It was funny when I was watching the video for “I Think I‘m Paranoid”, and my dad thought the DVD was broken because the video is in black and white. I had the explain to him that it was purposely shot that way.

I like the “live” version of the “When I Grow Up” video better than the “Big Daddy” version. Although the BD one has Shirley dancing to choreographed dance moves.

Too bad the videos for “Androgyny” and “Run Baby Run” weren’t included on the DVD because I really like those videos. Especially “Run Baby Run”. It’s one of my favorite Garbage videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment