Sunday, January 18, 2009

Thanks For Your Uhh, Support Review

The documentary is great and really funny. I like the part when Shirley gets a present from Butch and it’s a bag of groceries. She shows what’s in the bag to the camera. There are a few bags of chips, cookies (biscuits as Shirley would call them), water, Ferrero Rocher, and cinnamon Trident. When she takes out the bag of BBQ chips it made me think about my dad and cousin who love that flavor. I like the way she pronounces the name of the candy in her Scottish accent. It’s cute. I have to say she has good taste in candy. I’m not just saying that because it’s Shirley. I was eating that candy back in 4th grade. I didn’t even know who she was back then. I think I remember her mentioning that candy in her old blog. I know she likes chocolates. Although I prefer Mon Cheri. Too bad she didn’t get any aerosol cheese, Oreo Cookies, Mars Bars or Baby Ruths.

I like the part when they are filming her singing in the studio in like ‘94. She is getting so mad and singing an early version of “Supervixen”.

I think the part about Shirley’s feet is funny.

There is this one part where she talks about her love of basketball. She says she likes it because they don’t have anything like that in Scotland. She talks about how much she loves Duncan. I wonder if now that she is in LA if she goes to the Laker games to see them when they play the Spurs. That is the Hollywood thing to do you know if you support a team other than the Lakers or Clippers. You go to the Laker game to see “your” team. Didn’t she use to have a thing for Cassell? I wonder if she went to see him play when he was a Clipper?

I like the part where Shirley talks about her clothes. She says her striped mini dress is her lucky dress and that she keeps wearing it.

There is this part towards the end where Shirley is saying she doesn’t know what she is going to do after the “Bleed Like Me” tour. As I’m watching this I whisper to the tv “You‘re going to be an actress!”. I’m not crazy I always talk to the tv when I’m watching it mostly when I’m watching game shows. If people talking to the tv annoy you never watch The Price is Right with me. I yell out prices and numbers.

The thing that bothered me was that when I was trying to watch it my dad kept talking over it. Can he like sense when Shirley is on the tv and immediately start talking over her?

No comments:

Post a Comment