Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Some Direction

Ok so maybe I need some direction. Not just in this blog, but in life in general. After reading a few old fashion magazines which were all about empowering the girls back then. I'm not sure if they are still about that. That was more of a 90s movement to me. some of the tips that it said to get motivated was to: be specific, get real, work hard, ask for help, and believe in yourself. Which made me think "Should I go back to school?". If I do go back I will realize one of 2 things: 1: I still don't like going and I'm miserable or 2: I suck it up and finally finish. I'm still considering being a talent agent. This is serious. "You're smart. You should be my agent." really stuck with me. Perhaps I'm just flattering myself. It's just that my PR class sucked so much. Maybe if I take a similar class with another teacher it won't suck so much. Which made me think of this quote. "Life is short and I shall not come this way again so any sweetness thrown my way is much appreciated.
Hope you are all safe and happy and being courageous and brave and having fun and taking chances and keeping things exciting and figuring out what you want or need out of this life.

Meanwhile I am trying to do the same.
But trying to figure out what I want is harder than I thought..................
x"
That's from Shirley's facebook. You can read the blog here http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=98275005248

I know that this blog needs! It needs some visuals. I need to get my scanner back up.

I ordered some beef jerky from Jim Ross' (JR 's) site. I hope it arrives quickly. I didn't rush deliver it or anything. I only ordered it today. I hope it arrives before the Super Bowl, but if it doesn't I don't mind. I'll write a review of it once it arrives.

On a side note I can't believe No Doubt is going to be touring with Paramore in the summer. I mean I got the email and I'm really excited about their summer tour. I'm confused about this pairing. Isn't Paramore geared towards the younger kids? Aren't most of No Doubt's fans "old"? I'm not making fun of them. I mean I really don't listen to Paramore. I think I only know 3 songs by them "Decode", "Crushcrushcrush", and "Misery Business". Or is this the cool female fronted band thing again like in 2002? For some reason I don't know why and I can't place it, but Paramore reminds me of Garbage for some reason. Yes, I said Garbage the band not "garbage" with a lower case "g". It's not because both bands have a female lead singer with red hair whose name end in "y". Shirley is 22 years older than Hayley. I didn't realize she is younger than me. So all the fans of these respective bands don't lash out at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment