Saturday, May 7, 2011

This Entry Falls to Pieces

I really didn’t want to say what my prize was yesterday because I didn’t want people to get too excited. I won tickets to the Patsy Cline tribute show.

It was funny when I told my dad I won the tickets he wanted to hear the phone message. But he couldn’t because I left my cell number for the contest. I don’t take chances anymore after what happened with Career Advisor. He wanted to know where it was from and how I entered.

I’m upset because I don’t have any frozen rib sandwiches. I hope I’m not jinxing myself. I usually have one when I engage in a Shirley related activity.

I wasn't sure what to wear. I wanted to look "classy" the event was being held at a concert hall and not an arena or a club or something. Here is a bad quality pic I took of the stage before the show. It's so blurry! >.< I checked out the bathroom, but it was nothing special. I thought it would be fancier.

Before the show I tweeted a couple of inane tweets. "Ready to see the queen ^-^" and "I'm channeling something classy for a darkling :P"

I really liked the Living Sisters' dresses they looked like what I wore to my junior prom. Except mine was longer and lavender.

Shirley looked great she was wearing a tight black dress with strappy black heels. She sang 3 songs like she said she would. She threw in a funny antidote about singing a Patsy Cline song with a band she was in that broke up. She also talked about Mother's Day. I figured I'd try to take it at the end of her set, so if I got kicked out I would not miss her performance. I tried to be sneaky and take a picture of her with my phone, but it didn't come out. :( That's what I get for trying to be sneaky maybe some photos will surface somewhere.

After the show I tweeted this "Show was good Shirl looked radiant & her voice was soutrly"

The whole show was very interesting.

I don't really like country music or listen to it. Does the Monday Night Football theme song count? :P

No comments:

Post a Comment