Saturday, April 11, 2009

Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles Soundtrack Review

First off I want to say that I’m am not familiar with Bear McCeary’s other soundtrack work. I heard he did the one for Battlestar Galtica. I have never listened to a Sci-fi soundtrack before; ever. I didn’t really know what to expect.

To be honest I can’t write a review of it since I didn’t listen to the whole thing. The music got boring and repetitive for me. Almost all the songs on there that I listened to sounded the same. With the exceptions of Shirley’s cover of “Samson and Delilah”, “Ain't We Famous", and "Atomic Al's Merry Melody". I couldn’t really distinguish where one song ended and the other began.

Let’s just say I love her version of “Samson and Delilah” I thought the song was very powerful when it was used in the fight scene. When I first saw the episode it was in which is also called “Samson and Delilah”. I was enjoying the song more than the fight scene. What can I say? It was new material from Shirley, and I was eating it up. After I rewatched the episode a few times I realized how powerful the song is in that scene.

“Ain‘t We Famous” reminds me of old 90s pop rock. The kind of stuff I grew up listening to. Like some from like 94 or 95. It has a little bit of a country feel to it too. I don’t remember it playing in “Automatic for the People”, but I didn’t like that episode much. I was still trying to get into the show. I think it played in the bar scene, but I’m not sure.

"Atomic Al's Merry Melody" is cute and fun. A lot of people say it has a Looney Tunes feel to it. I think there is a little bit of MGM era Tom and Jerry in there too.

Here's an extra for you. You can read my first review blog of the 1st episode of the 2nd season. I didn't write much, but I did use a creative title. You know I didn't even mention the song, but for some reason I did in my paper writings.

No comments:

Post a Comment