Sunday, June 7, 2009

Unsuccessful Yard Sale

Yesterday I decided to hold a yard sale.

Where I live there are really strict rules about when you can have yard sales. Where I use to live people would have yard sales like every week. There was even a house on the same block as mine that would have yard sales like every morning. It wasn’t really regulated.

I got up early and I decided to have one with the very little items I had for sale. There were not a lot of items that I had for sale because I couldn’t find all of them. I was collecting them before I moved and now they are somewhere…

One of the problems I had was that I started too late.

My dad didn’t want me selling stuff. I had this problem where I use to live. Especially since I want to get rid of my extra Pokemon toys. I have a lot. I have a copy paper box full of them. I’ve been wanting to sell them for years.

My dad told me I wasn’t pricing the items right. What does he know? Things I was selling for “cheap” were priced like that because I really don’t want to sell those online since they are heavy and will be a bitch to ship. I don’t care about shipping Pokemon toys since they are pretty light.

I set up my “stand” really close to the door which is bad because where I live now there is a long driveway. I didn’t want my dad meddling. Luckily there was a baseball game on and he wanted to watch it.

When my mom saw what I was doing she thought it was funny because I was so far from the street plus I didn't have any signs or anything. She said I looked like somebody just hanging in front of a house. We made 1 sign, and I was out there for like an hour. Nobody bought anything.

Maybe I should advertise the things I’m selling on my blog. People might be interested in some of the things I have. Some things I will only sell online because I know they won’t sell at a yard sale. Like my Knickerbocker plush puppy and my Snoopy stacking puzzle.

Today even though you are not allowed to my said she saw people having yard sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment