Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Are you a Fan?

Why do fans snub other fans? I’m talking about fans of the same thing within a fan community? It seems really silly although there are jerky fans in any community. I’m not going to single out particular groups, but I have dealt with some pretty jerky fans. These are all groups I associate myself with. I’m not going to make fun of groups I don’t belong to like say Jonas Brothers fans.

The Winx club fans can be jerky sometimes. I remember this one time I got chewed out on a Winx Club message board because I misspelled “enchantix” as “enchantrix”. I make a note now on message boards stating that I am a native speaker of English, but a bad speller. I also hate it when the fans insist you use the original Italian names. I know some of them like Layla is Aisha. So if they use that one I won’t get confused. I totally forget the names of the schools though.

OMG! I talked to one of the silliest Sailor Moon fans online. She got mad because the Skye Sweetnam (what happened to her?) song “Hypocrite” mentions Sailor Moon. In my personal opinion I think the song is taking about not calling Skye a hypocrite. I’m not really sure I have not listened to the song.

Sunday, November 19, 2006
LOLZ! Like Don’t totally say that!
Category: Web, HTML, Tech
I read this little complaint on a message board
Title:"I'm Am Soo Mad! Sailor Moon Fans Please Come Here
I know it may be petty but i found out someone tried to bash sailor moon in a song!!!!!It's old though. here is the part:[it's by Skye sweetnam]
Bubble gum brainiac
Baby girl, ultra brat
Angst Schmangst
No thanks
Hope my record doesnt tank
Sailor moon, Rainbow brite
Anime,Avril lite
Pro tools all the way
Hey,hey,hey,hey
chorus:
Dont try to label me hypocrite
Cause I will do what I want to
Some will say that I'm counterfeit
But I will be what I want to

I'm am beyond mad!!!!She shouldn't call sailor moon a hypocrite like that.she must not know the true meaning of sailor moon.Love and friendship.unlike her being a wanna be. Sailor moon isn't a hypocrite.she saves people with all her might.she would die to make someone else life ok.she had NOOO buieness saying that."
First off I don't know who is calling who petty here? Does it even matter? Of course not!
Omg I hope she doesn't ever hear One Week by the Barenaked Ladies. She'll Shit her pants.

This is the part of the song I’m referring to.

“Like Kurasawa I make mad films
'Kay I don't make films
But if I did they'd have a samurai
Gonna get a set of better clubs
Gotta find the kind with tiny nubs
just so my irons aren't always flying
off the back-swing
Gotta get in tune with Sailor Moon
Cause that cartoon has got the boom anime babes
that make me think the wrong thing.”


Back when I took Japanese I wanted to hide the fact that I liked anime because I didn’t want other people in the class thinking I was in there just because of anime. I don’t want to say it was one of the many reasons I wanted to learn Japanese. Like I’ve stated before those are the kind of people that get made fun of in your class by the other students especially if you don’t stop talking about anime. This type of student is mentioned in this article. Within the second week Sailor Moon was mentioned. It was just a matter of time before the series was. I use to hide my Sailor Moon fandom in my Japanese class. Which was so hard to do. It killed me.

There was also this annoying otaku girl. She was always boasting about her knowledge of anime, Japan, and the Japanese language. I felt she was very immature. I just want to tell her I’m sorry for snubbing you. That was wrong on my part. I took some bad advice.

*Hiragana is a form of Japanese writing. It is one of the three writing systems used in the Japanese language.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007
”We were learning some English loan words. Those are pretty easy. I'm still having trouble reading and writing Hiragana. Those 2 otakus got into a discussion about anime again when we learned the word "inu" which means dog and this girl brought the subject of Inuyasha. Which lead into a full blown anime discussion. Then some other people were naming other animes and the otaku girl was snobbing the most of the animes named. She said Digimon is crap. Now I wouldn't say it's crap, but it isn't that good. But I don't snub animes. Hey if you like Digimon, great. Cause I know there haters out there for every anime ever made. Dragonball haters, Pokemon haters, Inuyasha haters, Voltron haters, Sailor Moon haters, One Piece haters, Naruto haters, and so on. So this one girl says that Sailor Moon is the girls' version of Dragonball. So the otaku girl who was sitting behind me was saying that Sailor Moon is more "dark and twisted" than Dragonball. I really don't know I'm not a Dragonball fan. I've seen a few Z episodes, but that's about it. Those 2 girls were really getting into that discussion and talking over the teacher. They were really getting into the Sailor Moon discussion talking about the "cousins" and what they really are, the difference between Chibi Chibi and Rini/Chibiusa and other elements from the series. She was saying about how the manga is better than the anime, and I agree. She says she likes the Stars season/saga. I'm familiar with Stars. I mean I know the plot, but I've never seen it or read the manga. When it was break time so they left the room to carry on the discussion. Since I wasn't in on the discussion I didn't leave the room, plus I was still working on my Hiragana and I needed help from the teacher. When they came back the girl said she is not an otaku because they are way more into anime and manga than her, and if she not then I must be otaku extra lite. Then they said not to say anything bad in front of a Sailor Moon fan girl which they totally were, but didn't know, and I didn't want them to. Plus they were acting like all the fan girls would get pissed if they talked ill of Sailor Moon. Just for the record we are all not like that.”


I know a lot of fans of other wrestlers HATE John Cena fans. But I’m only going to talk about the Cena fans interacting with the other Cena fans. I’ll admit some Cena fans can be annoying. They write very inane things about Cena on the internet and usually only like him for his “hotness”. They usually claim he is the best wrestler ever. I want to say that I like Cena as much as the next person (who likes him), but I don’t like him based on his “hotness” or his “superior wrestling ability”. I like him because he is funny, passionate about his job, has good mic skills, and is good to his fans. They usually have silly Cena-centric user names like “future Mrs. Cena”, “Cena‘s wifey” or “Alice Cena”. They just make Cena their last name. This kind of user name is common I see it with many other celebrities last names.

I wasn’t planning on writing about these fans, but since Drew Carey addressed them in his blog and what they were writing about and to him I thought they deserved a little nod. I want to say that I have been to quote Bob here “A loyal friend and true” to the show since 1986. I’m not here to out fan any other Price fan. There are many fans of all ages who have been watching for different intervals of time. I just want to say that I belong to that site that Drew mentions. I don’t go on there or post there much, and when I do I mostly express my love for Holly (former Barker‘s Beauty who was fired in 1995 for gaining too much weight) and the retired game Superball. I feel my knowledge of Price is not very extensive. I do recommend going to that site if you want to see screenshots of old shows and to see/remember what old props, sets, and games looked like. I don’t know what happened between Drew and that site I remember they organized a fan chat together.

No comments:

Post a Comment