Saturday, February 6, 2010

Miscellaneous Blog #30

I know I just wrote a miscellaneous blog a few blogs ago. Well I got a lot of different things to talk about.

I still haven't started on my Halloween costume. I haven't drawn any preliminary sketches. I'm leaning towards a nun costume. I'd really like to re-purpose my old black graduation gown. I'm still trying to figure out how to make the head piece. I don't want this to be any old nun costume though. I'm going to put my spin on it. I'd really like to get started on it since it's February already.

I was thinking about making a "Bleed Like Me" costume, but I don't want to get too ambitious. Maybe I'll try making one next year. We'll see.

I signed up for classes today. I was surprised I would get any; since I got such a bad registration date. I know I was going to. I haven't been in school for a year and a half. My dad got mad because I did, but really what could I do about it?

He wanted me to get 4 classes, but I'm not crazy. I'm not getting too ambitious here. That would be a mistake. I'll cut back on being cynical here. I just want to ease into it. Actually I would have been happy with one class. Usually when I come back from taking a hiatus from school. I usually end up getting only one class.

I got 2 classes. They weren't exactly what I wanted, but what the hell I'll settle. I mean there was really nothing available. I ended up signing up for a class on how to be a salesperson. I think that could really help me. I'm a horrible saleswoman. When I was in high school and I had to sell candy for the various clubs I belonged to I could never sell the whole bag/box/case of candy I was suppose to sell. Not even one! Although Toblerone bars were always big sellers. Maybe I can be a good sales person like Dwight? I hope this isn't the death of me.

The other class I got was a creative writing: memoirs class. I figured this was right up my alley. I'm always writing in my diary and blogging. I think I have a good memory. Actually when I signed up for this class I thought about the Mister Ed episode "Love and the Single Horse" where Ed writes his memoirs. Then my mom brought me back to reality, and asked me what would I write about since I haven't really lived. Thanks mom! Actually I think I could write a whole book just telling stories about my dad and I. It made think of this Senifeld quote from George: "You know if you take everything I've ever done in my entire life and condense it down into one day, it looks decent."

Of course I had to check ratemyprofessors. It would be foolish not to. Usually when I start school I feel either optimistic and/or cheerful. I feel neither of these this time. There are a lot of things I need to do before I get ready for school like fixing my hair. I haven't dyed it since Halloween. I could use a cut/trim too. How about something choppy? Or angular? Or a bob? I haven't decided how I will blog about my classes. But I'll definitely try to blog about the first week. The first week is the best! Some of the funniest stories happen that week. I'll try to set a schedule or something.

Speaking of people going back to school my dad is going back to school to get some career training. He's going to pharmacy school. First he was thinking about pharmacy school; then after the underwear bomber he wanted to work for the TSA. After he realized they weren't hiring for TSA agents in the area he went back to looking into pharmacy school. He wouldn't listen to me that I looked into pharmacy school. Doesn't matter. I'm not going to do that; then people would think I'm trying to copy my dad or something. This is why I won't get a business degree either.

Hopefully my dad will be too preoccupied with other things so he won't be bothering me at school, trying to go to school with me, and constantly correcting me.

My horoscope for this month is that a big opportunity will present itself to me. I think the money scam I was suppose to be weary of was my dad trying to persuade me to pool my money into their account. (probally so he could micromanage that too)

One of my favorite Mighty Morphin Power Rangers episode "Foul Play in the Sky" is going to be shown soon. I hate to think how they will deface that episode. Maybe the word "plane" or "flight" will flash across the screen. Gotta love the Snizard though. I even have his figure.

I've been having really strange dreams lately. I had a dream about veal though, and in 2 nights in a row. According to this site veal is a lucky dream symbol!

Don't be alarmed if I go missing for a few days. My computer has been making this strange grinding noise. I think it needs a new fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment