Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Parade Pony

The title is a little funny, and sounds like the name of a kids' toy or something. The title is relevant to the blog.

Actually I had a back up blog in case this one didn't get posted. I'll post that one tomorrow.

So I made a bank account on my own. No meddling from my dad like last time. The funny thing was I was telling the banker that when I had my old account at Citibank they use to charge me for a lot of stuff even though I had a basic account. He asked how long it had been since I had an account. I mean it's been like 7 years since I opened one, but I closed it like 5 years ago. He also said that they don't explain the accounts very well at Chase or back when they were still WAMU. I guess a lot of people had the same question I did.

After I was finished opening my account the banker came out with all the literature for you about your account and such and a plush horse. I accepted it; I'm not opposed to horses or anything. I'm not obsessed with them like Lucy from Scrubs. As I'm walking out of the bank with it everybody is staring at me. I felt kind of childish with it. When I got it my mom thought it was some type of bag. I guess she thought it was a horse shaped bag? Maybe she thought it was a plush bag like the kind little kids mostly use. What do you think I did after that? I named it of course. First I was going to name it Rose, but then I thought I should give it a much more fitting name; Parade. You know after one of my favorite Garbage songs.

According to the tag on it the name of the horse is "Al". It's a promotional Rose Parade 2010 item. There are some roses on the bridle. According to the sign at the bank the promotion ran from December 1, 2009 through January 31, 2010. Perhaps they had extras?
Here's a picture of it. It's hard to make out the face because it's dark.

Now that I have an account. I really want to open a paypal account. When I do open it I'll post the address here on the blog. Who wants to buy my stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment