Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Bank of Mattress

I was trying to come up with a good intro to this blog, but I couldn't really think of one that didn't used some "banned" words. I'll skip the verbose intro. This blog does have some political undertones though.

This story starts off in 2002 during the summer between graduating high school and my freshman year at CSUF. I could not find any reference to this story in my paper writings. My dad wants me to open a checking account. He just springs this on me on a Saturday morning. I was very upset because I just wanted to relax and watch the Mon Colle Knights. Mon Colle Knights is one of my favorite "Mon" anime aside from Pokémon. I could go on and on about Mon Colle Knights, but I can save that for another blog.

When we get to the bank there is a small tv in there on a table, and Mon Colle Knights is on. A group of about 5 little kids are fixated to the tv. He wanted me to use my driver's permit as an ID; even though it clearly says "not an ID" on it. My dad always thinks you can use things that can't be used for that they are. This is why I'm such a stickler about things. He's always misinterpreting things.

I can't believe the banker accepted it. That should have been a red flag right there! I did make an account.

There were a lot of problems with it. My dad was micromanaging it, it was a Citbank account, and I just wasn't happy with the whole situation in general. The funny thing was that my dad would constantly complain about having a Citbank account, and yet the only reason he changed it was because the former landlord lost his check. I eventually got rid of my account in 2004.

A few years later he wants me to make an account at WAMU. (when it was still around) When we went he was really mean to the person trying to make an account for me. He kept accusing the bank of trying to sell my information. I didn't make an account there, not because my dad was acting like a jerk, but because they didn't have they type of account I wanted.

Yesterday my dad wants me to make another bank account. He just wants me to go with him to make one. I don't like to do things on the fly. I like to do my research and stuff. Thoughts of my previous 2 attempts of me making an account. He claimed he would "stay in the car", but I don't trust him. He never does.

I really don't want to put my money in a bank account. I don't trust banks. A lot of them have failed. Seriously I feel safer stuffing the money in my mattress. Ok, not my mattress, but still stashing it away somewhere. Another thing is that I want a really basic account. I really don't want to have to pay to do anything with my money. I don't want to be charged to see a teller, use an ATM, write checks (not bad ones), or bank on paper. I think such a thing does not exist! @o@

No comments:

Post a Comment