Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Frog and Mouse (both owned by Warner)

People so fondly remember Pinky and the Brain. It made me their think of the cartoon. Most people around my age so fondly remember them. It's like their cartoon "Puppet Rulers". In that cartoon Pinky and the Brain appear on this kid's show that is a parody of Beanie and Cecil called "Meanie and Treacle". Their characters are Big Ears and Noodle Noggin. They freeze them selves and then hope to be fondly remembered by children in the future and rule the world! It backfires and when they come back the adults are upset that they abandoned them. I think it's funny when I'm wearing the shirt and people who remember it get mad at me like I took it away or know what happened to it. 'I'm just a fan."

While I was waiting around for the call (to my cell). It made me think of the Street Frogs. Here is a quick summary of what the Street Frogs is. It's a cartoon from 1987 about some hip-hop frogs. The cartoon also had a musical montage. There are 5 of them Big Max, Honey Love Loretta, Dr. Slick, Spider, and Moose. (from left to right ) They usually take odd jobs to make "seed" which is slang for money.

I was thinking of the episode "The Phone Call". Here is a quick summary of the episode Max, Spider, Moose and Dr. Slick are helping somebody move. Slick is waiting for a phone call although he denies it. He keeps missing calls, and it ultimately distracted.
Here are the lyrics to the original song featured.

Male:
The one thing I really hate to do

Is sit around the house and wait for you to call me on the phone
I really hate that sitting alone
It's such an awful thing

Male and Female:
(chorus) waiting for the phone to ring

waiting for the phone to riiiiiing

Male:
I hate pretending like I'm reading a book

I hate pretending like I'm learning to cook
Don't like to watch tv, afraid to take a walk
Afraid she'll miss me afraid you'll wanna talk

Male and Female:
What the heck's a guy to do?

While he's waitin' for a call from you
While he's waitin' for the phone to ring
Pretending it don't mean a thing

Male:
whether you call or not

You're on (can't make this lyric out)

Female:
The on thing I really hate to do

Is sit around the house and wait for you to call me on the phone
I really hate that sitting alone
It's such an awful thing

Male and Female:
(chorus) waiting for the phone to ring

waiting for the phone to riiiiiing

Female:
I hate pretending that the clock is wrong

To keep on listin' to the same old song
Each time I hear that note I almost lose my cool
With that ding-a-ling I'm just a silly fool

Male and Female:
What the heck's a girl to do?

While she's waitin' for a call from you
While she's waitin' for the phone to ring
Pretending it don't mean a thing

Female:
whether you call or not

You're on (?)

The frogs mess up a lot of the stuff they tried to move, and have to pay for it. Later an announcement is made on the radio from Tiffany to Dr. Slick. Since she couldn't reach him on the phone she's going to babysit.Who can do hip hop better than a frog can? Street Frogs!

All lyrics and images are copyright to their original owners.

When I re-watched this cartoon about 3 years ago. I realized how outdated it was.

I had submitted a few summaries of the cartoons to tv.com, but for some reason they are having issues with the site again.

I didn't get the job :(

3 comments:

  1. Which episodes do you have? I think I saw your summaries on tv.com, and I think they might be from two I remember. I remember one where Loretta was doing some acting, and she was reprimanding Big Max. Mostly I remember the boys giving her a pink sheath dress and white boa, and she was on a stool trying to get something on a shelf, and she fell off. The summary for "Misty Waters" sounds close. Do you know which eps these are? If you have them, I'd love to buy a copy, or at least see it on YouTube. Please email me at NIGHTWALKER193@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've seen your summaries, and they've helped me to remember some eps. I just remember Loretta and Big Max in the street and she was scolding him, and the boys gave her a pink sheath dress and white boa. She wore these as she stood on a stool to get something off a shelf, and she fell off, and things fell on her head. Are these bits from Misty Waters and Loretta Goes TO Hollywood? Do you have copies of them? I'd love to see them again, and the show is nearly impossible to find after the first 3 eps. Please email me at nightwalker193@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember two eps, which I think may be Loretta Goes To Hollywood and Misty Waters, based on your summaries. I mostly remember the boys giving Loretta a pink sheath dress and white boa, and later she stood on a stool to get something on a shelf and fell off. Which episode is this from, and do you have a copy?

    ReplyDelete