Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Graduates and Champions

Here is a really funny graduation/NBA Finals related story. Back when I was graduating high school in 2002, yes I’m that old. They gathered us up for some sort of senior meeting or something. I use to find these mandatory meetings annoying, boring, and rather lame.

A lot of people were getting mad at me because I didn’t feel like crying. I‘m not even sure why I needed to. I was happy to leave the place. They kept getting mad because I said the only tears I might cry would be tears of joy because I finally was out of school.

This was the morning of graduation. They were trying to get us pumped up about graduating. They were telling us about the Lakers winning the Championship. They wanted us to applaud that. Ok I was cool with that. Then they wanted us to applaud ourselves because we were graduating and that deserved applause. I didn’t think we did. A lot of people graduate high school. You know how hard it is to get into the NBA? And then be on a team that won the Championship? I only applauded the Lakers.

No comments:

Post a Comment