Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Worst Tutor Ever!

This blog reflects my qualms about going back to school.

Yeah so I’m not in school right now. There is good reason for me not to be and that is my dad. Last time when he wasn’t working and I was in school (junior college) he would keep going to school with me and bothering me. The problem with him is that I don’t know he just doesn’t seem to trust me or something. It’s not like I’ve done something wrong. He’s a lot like my grandma (his mother). He just has to like oversee things. He’s a micromanager helicopter dad.

I don’t trust him if I go to a new school. I know he will tell me that he “needs” to go with me because I’m new to that school, and I don’t know it very well. Then he’ll talk about some class he took there in the 80s, and how he knows his way around the school which has probably been remodeled since then.

Back when I was in high school and struggling with algebra and geometry my dad “tried” to tutor me. First off let me say he’s a horrible tutor. He just gets way too frustrated. He says he good at math, but he’s not that good. I will say he’s better than me at it.

That’s why whenever I have homework that I know he’ll want to try and help me with even if he is working I will try, and do my homework when he is not home or asleep. My mom thinks I do my homework at strange hours because I’m lazy, but I’m just avoiding my dad. I’ll do homework he can’t help me with in front of him like writing essays on books he hasn’t read or practicing Japanese.

No comments:

Post a Comment