Thursday, May 28, 2009

Miscellaneous blog #8

While I was looking for a different definition in the Urban Dictionary I came across "Closet Latino". The funny thing is that a lot of people accuse me of being one of them. I'm actually not. When I tell people I'm half Mexican they tell me "Shut Up! White girl!" or even worse insults. The other problem is that my mom who is Mexican doesn't look like a stereotypical one. I'm not sure what one would look like. I guess the person would be dark, short and have straight hair. My mom is tall light skinned and has curly hair. Plus having a "white" (Scottish) last name doesn't help either.

Yesterday I wrote a tweet on Twitter about social networking being a chain reaction. Here's my tweet: "Why does it seem like social networking sites are like a chain reaction?". Then I started getting bots and internet business people following me. What I actually meant by that tweet was that like when you send a message to somebody on a social networking site you don't know what that will lead to. Like you might get annoying messages from a friend of the person you sent a message to that you never liked in the first place. That is just way too long to convey in a little tweet.

To slientbeeker I'm still working on your present. Sorry if it looks a little uh..."ghetto". I still can't find all my crafting supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment