Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Prefer Blonds

Ever since I was a little girl I’ve always had this desire to be a blond. It was never secret either. I was very vocal about this.

I know I have a thing for blonds. This can be easily explained by conditioning by my grandma on my father’s side. All she would ever do was fuss over her “blond babies”. Seriously that’s what she would call them. I was the brown headed grandchild. I use to feel so left out.

I tried very hard to belong though. I thought maybe if I hung out with them maybe I would be more like them even if I wasn’t a blond. When we would take a picture it looked like a segment out of Sesame Street “One of these things is not like the others”. The funny thing is now that I’m older, and I have “let my self go” in the past few years. I don’t want to visit them because I’m not all caught up in the beauty contest. I don’t want them to see me like this. I want to be like the Undertaker. I want to be elusive. It wouldn’t hurt if I could choke slam people either. :P

You know my grandma is not a natural blond although she claims she was. Her “story” is that when she was a child she got sick (I‘m not sure what her ailment was) and all her hair fell out. This was probably about 70 years ago. She said it grew back dark. She says she was blond, but her hair photographed dark. The funny thing is all the other blond people in the photos had their hair photograph white. This was back when there was only black and white photos. My hair photographs dark too…oh wait it is dark. For some strange reason in my 4th grade class photo it looks black. The funny thing is people ask me how I was born with brown hair since my mom has black hair and my dad is a blond. I don’t know I guess the colors just mixed. Too bad I couldn’t be like Rini/Chibiusa she has a blond and black haired parent, and was born with pink hair. Her red eyes look a little creepy though. Here’s a picture of her for reference.
How I got my light colored eyes well that was just the double recessive gene. I think?...

I hate the color brown in all forms not just for hair. I hate brown clothes and shoes. I remember reading in a magazine that the way you feel about colors has to do with your childhood like if you are brought up in the west then you would associate black with death and white with weddings. If you were born in the east you would associate white with death and red with weddings. I also hate the color navy blue because I associate it with school uniforms.

My blond preference was very evident. As a child I preferred blond dolls. I use to want be friends with blond kids just cause they were blonds. I know now that was pretty discriminatory.

Here is a list of some of my favorite fictional blonds: Stella, Bubbles, Sailor Moon, Phoebe, Angelica I’m not all about the blonds though. There are some characters I like who are not blond like Punky Brewster, Ariel, and Dorie/Doremi.

No comments:

Post a Comment