Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Heathcliff, Heathcliff, no one Should

This was originally going to be a blog about stickers, but I decided to combine them.

I'm very excited that Heathcliff will be on This TV soon. They are showing a few older shows like Inspector Gadget. (which I don't care for) They are going deep into the Dic/Cinar/Cookie Jar library. Maybe they will eventually show Photon and Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad. They are also showing Sonic Underground which I never got to see all of. They are showing The Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. This is the version with Tails, Scratch and Grounder. "I'm waiting!" One of my favorite episodes was when there was a country song written about Sonic. The Wacky World of Tex Avery is on this block too. Pompeii Pete was my favorite segment.

There are also some shows that are not really my taste. That horrible Dance Revolution show. Cake was a good show. Too bad they only made 13 episodes. I got sick of watching the same ones.

At least they aren't showing The Littles oo The Little Clowns of Happytown. Never really liked those shows.

The Pink Panther Show is on this block, but it is not a Cookie Jar property. It's MGM who has part This TV. Maybe they will eventually show Pink Panther and Sons or the 1990s Pink Panther cartoon where he talked. I'm not sure who owns the rights to the sons cartoons.

I wonder if they can't show programs like the Get Along Gang and Rainbow Brite because they are ultimately owned by the company that created them American Greeting and Hallmark respectively. I would have added Hello Kitty's Furry Tale Theater, What-a-Mess, Kissyfur, and Beverly Hills Teens to the block.

I don’t know why people confuse Heathcliff with Garfield. Ok, they are both striped orange cats who are in comic strips, had their own cartoon series in the 80s, and their voice actors are dead Mel Blanc and Lorenzo Music respectively.

Here are some scans of my Heathcliff stickers. They combine two 1980s sticker trends. The great thing about these stickers is they are both puffy and scented. They use to smell like grape. I don’t know why my scanner tends to make the pinks washed out. They are much more vibrant than that. The hearts weren’t scented. You can see the scent on the stickers it’s that textured part. In the stickers Sonja was depicted with different colored bows. In this comic she has a red bow. In the cartoon she always wore a pink bow.

This cartoon had a big influence on me. When I was a kid I use to hit trash cans with a sick like he did and got in trouble. I always wanted a Catillac like the Catillac Cats had. Here's a picture of Cleo for the fans to lust after.

No comments:

Post a Comment