Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fireworks and You

I took the day off yesterday. It was a holiday. :P

The title sounds like a cheesy instructional film from the 50s. I didn't know what to expect where I live now. Most of the time it's pretty quiet here. I mean where I use to live people were lighting up fireworks pretty much every weekend if it didn't rain. I mean they don't really do that here. I heard a few fireworks on New Years. I think they stopped by about 1AM or even earlier. The fireworks started here on about the 1st or the 2nd. But they were going off infrequently.

On the 4th it did sound really loud like a war zone. It didn't seem as bad as my old neighborhood though. The locals were putting on their "shows". Including the blaring ranchero or electronic dance music. It didn't seem as loud or smokey, but it was still pretty smelly.

I feel a little more mellow now I'm not all jumpy because of the fireworks. I use to look like Annyong from the Arrested Development episode "Missing Kitty" when he is all jumpy at the magic show. Maybe it has to do with the street acoustics where I use to live since almost all the streets on my block were dead end streets sound reverberated very loudly especially fireworks. Plus the yards were smaller and the houses were closer together.

No comments:

Post a Comment