Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Remembering Michael

I was thinking whose death would be great or greater than Jackson's on impact. Ok first off I'm talking about celebrities here. I'm throwing out royalty, political figures, and religious figures.

My mom said Paul McCartney, but I don't know. A lot of younger people don't remember him. I guess...he was a Beatle. He's a knight too. Should I address him as "Sir"? Well it's not some made up stage name. As long as I don't think about
Angela Lansbury. Why did Craig Ferguson put that in my head!? My mom thinks Madonna too. I don't know. Ringo? To be honest I don't think anybody else. Brittney Spears? That would be a circus! Bob Dylan? Aretha?

I watched most of the funeral. At first I thought I wasn't going to, but then I thought it was pretty historic, so I'd better.

I heard a rumor that "You Are Not Alone" was going to be sung, but it wasn't.

When "Human Nature" was played It made me think about "Right Here" and SWV. What happened to them?

Watching his funeral made me think what would I say at my father's funeral? Granted he's no Michael Jackson. I'd say nothing or something "bad". I won't deliver a eulogy. I'd leave that one for one of my cousins. To be honest I think my dad'll outlive me.

After it was over and the reporters were interviewing fans some of them said they took notes. That is a very smart thing to do. I take my best notes that deal with my favorite celebrities. I used all the note taking skills I learned in school for this. Who wants to use those skills for "boring " notes like math? I hate math. So to all the Michael Jackson fans even though I wasn't a fan of him. I just want to say that I understand.

Perhaps I was just too young to not realize the greatness that Jackson had. I never realized what an impact he had on the world. Maybe I was too blind to see.

1 comment:

  1. I saw some of MJ's funeral, but not all, it felt odd to me grieving a person, who I don't respect.
    I don't like him as a person, he was a spendaholic spending millions on himself for years.
    I for one don't admire someone who is also a liar about his skin bleaching, saying it was natural. If he lies about that he probably lies about other things.
    I am sure people will miss him, but I won't. I maybe judging someone I never met in person, but I didn't trust him, or feel like I knew who he really was.
    He was an amazing dancer and singer, though, who made some great songs.
    -garbagepage

    ReplyDelete