Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yu-Gi-Oh! Price Guide

This is another blog about my reporter teacher. Disclaimer: All opinions expressed about this teacher are solely my own.

For the magazine chapter of the book my teacher decides to give the class an assignment to bring in a magazine for niche audience into class. Her assignment requirements were to either bring in an English language niche magazine or a foreign magazine like the Italian version of Vogue.


The problem with this assignment was that she gave it to us on a Friday, and expected us to have a magazine in class by Monday. I didn’t want to use a magazine I had at home since I felt they were general interest magazines.

It was Sunday and I still hadn’t gotten a magazine. My dad told me to buy a Lowrider magazine, but I wanted to spend money on something I wouldn't read later. I’m not into lowriders.

My mom took me to the Sav-on to get a magazine. I really wanted to get a wrestling magazine, but they didn’t have any. Instead I bought a Yu-Gi-Oh! price guide. That magazine set me back $6!

My dad told me I should have gotten something else because everybody would make fun of me because I brought a Yu-Gi-Oh! price guide to class.

I remember that in the beginning of class people were complaining that they couldn’t find a magazine, and that she should have given us more time. One person said they just bought some magazine they found for sale at the bookstore. I think it was a magazine about dogs.

You had to go up to the front of the class and explain who the target audience was. I had a hard time doing that. I mean wouldn’t it be anime fans, Yu-Gi-Oh! fans, people who play the card game, and collectors/buyers/sellers?

When a Japanese student brought in a Japanese fashion magazine the teacher got so excited about it. A lot of people brought very general magazines like Playboy, Maxium, and YM. Two people brought in magazines similar to mine. One person brought in a comic collector one, and somebody presented a gaming one.

When I saw The Simpsons “Margical History Tour” episode. It made me think about the Yu-Gi-Oh! price guide I bought for class.

Maybe I should write a blog about the balding Yu-Gi-Oh! enthusiast, or about the silly bootleg Yu-Gi-Oh! comic I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment