Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Deranged Reporter Teacher

Enough about celebrity deaths for now. unless somebody "shocking" dies. Someone who I consider shocking. These are celebrities whose death came to me in a dream. At the time of posting they are not dead. I only had 3; Regis Philbin, Paul Rubens AKA Pee Wee Herman, and Hardcore Bob Howard (he's a wrestler).

I'm going to talk about the death of something else; my aspiration to be a reporter.

Disclaimer: All opinions expressed about this teacher are solely my own.


Remember I mentioned her in a previous blog? Well I thought I’d give some background to being in her class and such since the last blog I wrote about her and her and her class was pretty vague.


Let’s see how can I describe her in a “nice” way? I’m not really sure how. I’m not even being vengeful or catty about this. At first when I took her class I thought it was just me who didn’t like her. I mean you can always have personality clashes with teachers. You know your friend and you can have the same teacher and you love them and think they are great and your friend thinks they are the most evil teacher in the world. I remember one time before class when she wasn’t there I was having a conversation with other student in the class, and they hated her too. I was happy it wasn’t just me.

Here’s how I ended up taking her class. At my first semester at that school, I was going to name it, but that was too easy. But if you know me and where I went to school you can figure it out. You might even figure out who I’m writing about, by not even mentioning her name. Since I had just come there and had no seniority I ended up taking one of the classes that was still available; a film history class. It was either that or a Toyota mechanic class. I’m not sure if I was up to fixing a Toyota. Anyway I took the film history class and loved it and my teacher too. She told us she also taught a Mass Media and Society class. The other students to who took both her classes said they were great. I heard all you did in there was watch Tarantino movies and write papers on them. That sounded cool, so I decided I would take her class next semester. Since I was still a new student to the school I got a bad registration date, by the time I could sign up for her class it was full. I thought “How bad would it be if I took the same class taught by another teacher?”

BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!

This was before myspace had that rate your professor/teacher feature. I didn’t even have a myspace back then. I didn’t know about the stand alone site either. I wasn’t smart enough back then to do my research. The funny thing is that on the myspace version and on the stand alone site. She gets bad ratings. Those rating sites can be very helpful. I learned about the quirky way my science teacher did her tests. I don’t sign up for classes without reading them anymore.

Let’s see… About her… She uses a lot of outdated material I mean really outdated like from the mid 80s to early 90s. The funny thing is that she makes a note of saying on the special note taking papers she make up especially for her class not to judge the video based on the date. She tired to cover her ass in all areas.


That lady wasted a lot of paper. She had so many printouts of articles she wanted us to read and stuff. She would fill up a whole big table with stacks of different papers and articles she wanted us to read.

Here is a funny “quirk” I heard about her. One of my other teachers told the class that she did not let her kids watch tv until they were 12. She wanted them to be readers.

She also would talk about how much she liked NPR. She would always talk about how much she hated commercial radio. I listened to NPR a few times. Most of the time I’ve listened to it the programs that were on were “boring”. Oops! :0 :# I shouldn’t be using that word. :P ;)


I guess being in her class was not all bad. Because I was in her class she essentially turned me into a Cena fan. Um…take that for what it is. I use to spend most of my time in class writing in my diary, doodling, and writing Cena-esque freestyles. I also produced a lot of neopets fan art in that class. I was so into neopets in 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment