Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Beckon some Cash!

I went to the mall to buy some shirts. I was upset that I was rushed. But I did get to go to the Japanese store.

I finally bought a Maneki Neko. I asked the worker about every single one, and what they meant. The guide on the display was on Japanese. I don't read Japanese
that well. Here is what I wrote in my phone for notes, so I would know which one to buy. "Right paw gold or calico holding coin". The are so many different kinds they sort of remind me of Catholic saint statues. Black is good luck in general. Which is the opposite view of black cats in western culture. Green is for exams. I accidentally picked up the gold one which is for job promotion. The blue one is for good health. I wanted the one that beckons cash. I have wanted to get one of these for a while. Perhaps I'll buy more.

Does anybody know what the writing on the cat says?

No comments:

Post a Comment