Friday, September 2, 2011

Why does it seem like most jobs are commission only now?

If somebody is a bad sales person and sells something for $5 at 20% commission they only earn $1!
They "claim" most people earn between $100-$200 which is between $20-$40. Pure commission jobs lead to ruthlessness. It's not smart to take one as a novice sales person. Especially if you are selling junk!

I called some other place, but then I realized it was to be a chugger- charity mugger. Plus the jobs were either door-to-door or being out on the street. The person I talked to on the phone was trying not to use the word "quota", but instead used "target". Which is to get 2 or more people to donate. I declined. Sounds too stressful.

I think I should stick to trying to get hourly jobs.

No comments:

Post a Comment