Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Televised Teenage Angst

I can't believe my dad got mad at me because an email I was trying to send wouldn't send. He was acting like I was incompetent again. It said that my email host could not find the address.

I've been trying to make a facebook page for my comic, but it's not going very well. I mean making the facebook page. I have a deviantart and twitter for it though. They are pretty sparse though. I might just delete the facebook page. Update: facebook page pending deletion. It's in the 14 day waiting period.

I watched all of the episode of Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills. I watched the first episode, and took some notes. After watching it the show reminds me more of Photon than Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad. It's got a bunch of loud music and slow motion scenes for no reason. At least Dic didn't waste the money on the rights to popular music of the time like they did with Photon. But when Dic made Photon they were a relatively new company. I think if I would have saw this as a kid I might have questioned the production values. It did come out when was 10. Is Drew (the blond girl) supposed to be adventurous or rebellious she was wearing a leather-like vest. The show did mix it up a bit by having an AA nerd character. He's like a mix of Billy from Power Rangers and Urkel. Dic also mixed it up a bit with SSSS by having Syd (a female) be the smart one. That was one of the things I liked about SSSS. It was the same thing with Gadget in the Rescue Rangers. I like to relate to the brainy girl character if the main group is of mixed gender. Except for Recess. I liked Gus the best. But not when the group is of the same gender like the Winx Club. Tecna is not my favorite one; it's Stella. The preppy boy is funny. He reminds me of a bit of Niles Crane, Calvin from Ghostwriter, and a character from California Dreams. The coffee bar they meet at is supposed to be like the juice bar from Power Rangers. Then I was thinking did they copy Friends? I think it is more of a coincidence since both shows premiered in the same year. The outfits they wear are totally Power Ranger knockoffs. They have a little bit of pro wrestler or American Gladiators mixed in. The masks totally are a Power Ranger knockoff with the silver lips and all. they have similar weapons. One of them has an axe and one has a lance. I don't think the show is a pure Power Rangers knockoff I think there is a little Saved by the Bell mixed in there and maybe a little bit of Photon.

I also watched a whole episode of Mona the Vampire. I still don't get this show, and I don't like it. I heard that she solves cases. I thought it was going to be like Miss Mallard which I really liked. I think Mona has supernatural powers or something like that. In the episode I saw she imprisoned a vampire in a comic book. It's funny because she calls her diary a "vampire diary". What is up with her vampire hair? I do like the theme song.

I was hoping to rewatch the Wonderful World of Oz, but I don't think that will be possible. I'll still try and record Tattooed Teenage Alien Fighters from Beverly Hills. That is too much of a train wreck of a show not to watch.

Here are my colored in Benard comics. I colored them in with the crayon brush in Paint. I use to color my Benard comics in by hand with crayon. I showed the contrast between the pink and the blue bear.


Glee was ok I really liked when Will confronted Quinn,and told her to grow up. I could take a lesson from Glee. PS if anybody wants to use me in a campaign video feel free to contact me. But why was Kurt twirling daggers? It reminded me of the Ninja Turtles.

No comments:

Post a Comment