Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Moving Story

Where should I start? I guess the beginning would be the most logical place.

I moved on the 22nd of November. I didn’t sleep well that night. I was anxious, but it was the bad kind; the sick to your stomach kind. I just wanted the day to be over before it began.

Instability scares me. Who isn’t scared by it? I’m the kind of person who thrives on repetitiveness. I like to listen to the same songs over and over. I also like to eat the same kinds of foods. Change freaks me out tremendously it doesn’t even need to be a big one. It can be like a product being discontinued or something like that.

I needed to pack my suitcase because my intuition was going like crazy telling me that the house would not be ready that night. Usually I’m really stupid and I don’t really listen to it. I told myself to trust myself and listen to it. I packed all my “important” stuff I didn’t want to lose.

I felt bad and didn’t feel like eating. I didn’t want to get sick or anything. My dad bought 2 boxes of donuts. I looked in them to see what was there. There were all kinds; cinnamon rolls, rainbow sprinkles, crullers, jelly, glaze, and sugar. No bear claws. I took the closest thing to one; a cinnamon roll. As I was eating it I felt sick.

When my mom called my grandma’s house she was still there. Then my cousins came to help move. They are 14 and 8, and my older cousin who is in his 30s who is their dad. My dad was trying to steer the truck. I know he can’t do it very well. The last time we moved he hit our old Mustang (car). I asked my cousin if her remembered that and he said he did. This time my dad hit the wall that was between our house and the neighbors house. Well at least he didn’t hit the children at play sign or a car. It was so messy on the street because the neighbor across the street was working on repaving his driveway and he had a big truck too and there wasn’t enough room for the both of them. My dad was getting mad. (as usual)

I told everybody I was sleeping over at the old house by myself. I showed them everything I packed away.

When we were packing up my DVDs and videos somebody found my John Cena My Life DVD set and was holding it up and laughing. I shouldn’t have to be embarrassed by my DVD collection. Well at least they didn’t laugh at my No Doubt DVDs. They did say I have a lot of Sailor Moon tapes, and that wasn’t even all of them. There still were some in my room.

As we were packing I put on my cat ears and said I was a random anime fan ^-^. My little cousin was playing with my lizard on a stick. I forgot about that. I had it for a long time. I think I got it like back in ‘92 or ‘93.

When it was lunch we were talking about music. My older cousin wanted to know why I like Garbage and No Doubt so much. I really don’t know I’ve been listening to them since I was 12. I guess I just really enjoyed that female rocker movement of the late 90s. We were talking about a bunch of things like pets, music and high school.

After we ate my little cousins and I seemed like we were all getting in the way. So I told them they could hang out in my room. I still had my radio and we could listen to the CDS I packed in my backpack. All I had were Garbage and No Doubt CDS. I only had those CDS because I didn’t want to lose them. I had no idea when I was going to get my computer back up to charge my MP3 if I used it. It would be much easier for me to use my old portable CD player. Those are my favorite CDS, plus I didn’t want to lose my signed one. My older cousin asked me what “Cherry Lips” is about.

When the truck was all packed up I had to say at the old house and “guard” the left over stuff. There was a lot of stuff left over. Since we didn’t pack all the tvs. I got out an unpacked antenna and started to watch tv. I ended up falling asleep on the floor.

My parents came back and said the house was a mess and that nothing could be set up. My grandma was still there. I had an extremely strong feeling she wouldn’t leave and that we were going to be at the old house, or at least I was. Intuition doesn’t lie.

When we were eating dinner I stood up and the light hit my hair in a way that made it look really red. My mom told me my hair looked like Shirley’s but I was too sad to take the compliment. Usually I’d eat that kind of stuff up.

After dinner I was still just so sad. I listened to music in my room for hours and wrote. We slept on what we could since most of our sheets and stuff were at the other house. I wanted to watch tv, but my dad just yelled at me.

I didn’t sleep well. I was upset and bored. I think I only slept for 3 hours that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment