Thursday, July 29, 2010

Trivial Pursuit

What is wrong with wanting to know trivial things? I pride myself on knowing things like that. I'm no history buff, war buff, sports buff, mathematician, or scientist. I get so bored in those classes. Especially math and science. When will I really apply that stuff to real life?

I think it's important to know things about pop culture. Who knows when it might come in handy? I don't want to be really book smart because I feel people think that is intimating. Who wants to talk to somebody smarter than you? Through the years I have learned this the hard way.

Besides thinking the trivial is valued I started writing my bucket list on paper. I'm going to post it on the wall no matter how silly. I started thinking about what I really want to do. Some people want to learn how to make certain dishes. I gave that up a long time ago. I know I'm a bad cook. Especially since the time I tried to cook omelets for my family, and my dad got mad at me because I wasn't cooking them fast enough. I have not cooked a meal for him since, and that was 10 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment