Saturday, July 24, 2010

Angel's Friends

I don't know much about this show. I can't find a lot of info about it in English on the web. I was very curious to see this show since I heard it was like the Winx Club. The shows do have a lot in common. They are both Italian productions, the English dub I saw has some of the 4Kids voice actors, the characters have a similar look to them. Raf has Bloom's voice and Cabiria has Musa's voice. Liza Ortiz's voice is very identifiable. I think I might have heard Veronica Taylor and Dan Green in there too. I'm not sure who dubbed this. I can't find any info on the company or the voice actors.

I've only seen 1 episode, and read what little I can find about this show on the web. I sort of understand the plot. It's about angels and devils who help people out. When the angel and the devil get into an argument they challenge each other to something like horse riding. The characters can also disguise themselves like Sailor Moon does with the Luna Pen. They also have a henshin/transformation when they change into their outfits. The angels wear outfits that are sparkly. There are 2 schools an angel and devil school. Which reminded me of the 3 schools in the Winx Club (I'm using the 4Kids names) Alfea, Cloud Tower, and Red Fountain. I'm not including Beta since it was only mentioned and never shown on the series. Or at least the episodes I saw.

Here is the Italian language wikipedia entry for the show. Here is an English page about the show.

There is a problem with the show. It wasn't dubbed very well. I noticed the characters' mouths still moving when they are not speaking. It airs too early where I live. That is more of an affiliate problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment