Thursday, March 12, 2009

Closet Usurper

The reason I took the room I’m currently in is because it has a big closet. It’s much bigger than my old closet at my old house. My dad ended up taking it over. Out of everybody in the house my dad has the most clothes. He has more clothes than my mom and I combined. He gets mad at me because I have a lot of clothes. I’m in the process of getting rid of some of them. I got rid of a lot of clothes last year when my mom made me clean out my closet. That was when I was trying to clear out the unneeded things in my life including people. One of the good things about moving was I could finally come to terms with letting go of some relationships.



He gives me that fuckin’ stupid line “I wear all my clothes”. To try and justify this on the weekends he wears tiny ill fitting shirts that make is belly stick out.



It’s not like it’s the 1st time he usurped something of mine. Like when he took my ankle strength sock (gross!). When he took my bedroom lamp and put it in his bedroom and left me without a lamp. He did not replace it in any way. Why should I be surprised? It’s always about him.




This isn’t the first time I changed bedrooms. At the old house I lived at my dad made me change bedrooms. Or should I say he tricked me? When we moved into the house he put this giant dresser in the room he wanted me to be in. I didn’t want the room I was eventually in for many reasons. I hated the light fixture in there, the doors (closet and bedroom collided with each other), it was too close to the bathroom, and I like small bedrooms. You know I think bribed it the proper word. He told me he would give me $5 if I moved rooms. Me being 10, stupid, and desperate for money foolishly accepted. I was stuck in that room for 14 years hating it!



This didn’t happen at the 2 houses I lived at in Glendale and Rosemead because there were only 2 bedrooms and there would have been no other room for me to move to. Although when I lived in Rosemead he took up half that closet for his clothes back then. I was really little back then and I didn’t have a lot of clothes back then anyway. My clothes were very small too. I moved from there when I was 8.



The room I’m in has a lot of problems aside from my dad usurping the closet. The closet is connected to the bathroom and it smells like pee in there all the time. Plus I was sick of fighting with my dad about the closet. He “won” it. There is a problem with farel cats who get under the house. They usually hang around the bathtub. They scratch, thump around, and yowl. You can totally hear it in my room.



Now he doesn’t want me to move to the other bedroom because it’s too small to fit all the stuff we crammed in there. I’d really like to move to the other room because it faces true east like my old room did. I think the room I’m now faces north. I forget it faces the mountains. It’ll be better for me to have that room because he “claims” that most of the junk in the house is mine. So if most of the junk in the room is mine won’t I just be in the room with my stuff? See? I can use his flawed logic back at him. He thinks that just because he yells at me not to I won’t change my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment