Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Reformatted

So KLSX reformatted recently. They went from a an all talk FM station to a Pop station. Before the switch CBS Radio didn’t have a pop station in this market. I tried listening to it. I hardly recognize anything on there. Well except for the Gwen song they played. I also heard a rumor that KROQ was going to be an all 90s station, but those weren’t true. :( I’d love an all 90s station, but it’s too soon. The 90s aren’t retro…yet.

KLSX and my family have a history together. My dad still mourns the reformatting from classic rock to all talk. He was a guest DJ on the station once. He was really excited about and wanted me to listen to his show. I was like 7 or 8 when he did it and I thought it was dumb. I wasn’t interested in it. Plus he was on pretty late at night; well late for me back then. He got a cassette copy of his show.

2 comments:

  1. Woah!!! how did that happen? did he win a contest or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't remember. When it happened I think you weren't born yet or a baby.

    ReplyDelete