Saturday, March 7, 2009

I Still ♥ Gwen

You know I think a lot of people think I’m cold on Gwen or something since I’ve been obsessing over Shirley lately.

When I heard Gwen on the radio yesterday it made me think about how much I like her. Remember I don’t hate Gwen my fandom for her was just dormant.

I mean I saw a commercial for their concert this week. It made me think about how much I’ve grown. The old me would have just salivated at the commercial and just freaking about trying to go. You know what I’ve already seen them 3 times. I didn’t even go see them on their last tour in 2004.

That was when they had that show at Glen Helen Pavilion or what ever that place is called. I didn’t want to go there anyway. I heard that venue sucks. It was a bad time for them to have a concert there anyway because there was massive freeway construction near there. A lot of people who wanted to see the show couldn’t because there was so much congestion. The next day of a few days later Tony was on the radio and apologized for what happened and they held another show at Universal (Gibson).

I didn’t even see any Gwen concerts. I didn’t have any money. I was sort of sad about that. I’m not cold on No Doubt or anything, I just don’t have the money. I’d love to see them, but it’s just not in the budget. I mean I got in trouble for buying $5 doll shoes how much trouble would I be in if I bought concert tickets at any price?

But when KROQ announced that they were giving away tickets. It made me think back to when I really wanted to see No Doubt during their Tragic Kingdom tour. When I was a desperate little 7th grader. I wanted to see them so badly back then because I hadn’t seen them in concert…yet. I would eventually during their Return of Saturn tour. You know I wish I would have been journailing back then. I could documented all of this. I would’ve like to look aback and see all my different feelings about this including all the teenage angst. I use to have a lot of that back then. I remember I saved up my money to see them for their next tour. I’ve been trying all day to win tickets. I’ve been getting through, but I haven’t won. I was funny when I said I had something important to do today my dad thought I was running off to meet a celebrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment