Saturday, March 14, 2009

Halloween is only 7 Months Away

I think it’s a good idea to get started on a Halloween costume. If I had the money and resources I would make a really elaborate one. One thing I’ve wanted to dress up as for Halloween since I was little was Whazzat Kangaroo from Zoobilee Zoo. She was one of 2 female characters on the show. The other was Talkatoo Cockatoo. She was a parrot. I also wanted to dress as her when I was a kid. I remember when I was really little I asked my mom to buy me a yellow parrot beak. It was just one of those cheap vinyl/plastic animal noses on an elastic string.



I use to play Zoobilee Zoo with my stuffed animals. I only had a bear and a lion. My bear was Lookout and my lion was Van Go. I would dress up as Talkatoo and wear brightly colored sweater, a necklace with brightly rainbow colored beads and my parrot nose. This was my Talkatoo “costume”. I was like 4 at the time.

If I was to make a Whazzat costume now for myself as an adult. I think I’d use a sweat suit. It would have to be one that had a pull over hooded sweatshirt with a pocket in the front. I’d add ears to the hood and then make a blue vest out of something. Maybe felt? I’d need some pink flats and some ribbon to make them look like ballet slippers.

Here are some pictures from the show.

There are a lot of things I haven’t been for Halloween that I want to. Here’s a list

A Nurse
A skeleton
The Grim reaper
A troll
A demon
A jester
Harley Quinn
A Sailor Moon character (either Moon or Jupiter)
Pikachu (full body costume)
A Care Bear (full body costume)
Some type of rodent
An alien
A fly
A ghost
Medusa
Maleficent

It think it would be fun to wear prosthetics. I tried to wear some one year and they were the cheap foam kind that you have to paint your self. They came with water based paint. They didn’t come out very well and they didn’t stick to my face well either. A little rabbit nose would be cute, or maybe a jester face, or maybe one of these. What about a sock mask? Those look really cool.

Maybe I should make a costume from my old graduation robe. It’s not like I’m going to use it for anything. It’s black and has a lot of possibilities. I think I’ll either turn it into a Maleficent costume and use the purple fabric I bought to make doll clothes for trim. Or maybe I’ll make a hood to attach to it and make it a hooded robe. If I do make a Maleficent costume I’m still trying to figure out how to make the horns. This one website I went to said to make it out of a hat. Maybe I can use an elastic headband or something. I won’t paint my hands either. I’ll just wear some gloves or leave them plain which will look so tacky.

I also found a white sheet. You know how rare these are now? I don’t want to use it for the typical white sheet costume like a ghost (cut 2 eye holes and put the sheet over your head) or a toga. I think I should make a ghost poncho costume and then wear a mask or something. I don’t want a pointy ghost head. People might think certain things about me. I don’t want to make an over the head ghost costume anyway in case I cut too many holes in it and I get a bunch of rocks.

I could get out my book of Halloween costume design sketches. Most of my ideas never get past this stage. I have a few secret designs. For one of them I’ll need a ski vest. I have almost everything else I need for that costume. I’ll need an ear cuff. Definitely an ear cuff, and maybe a choker too. I can wear my hair in little braids.

No comments:

Post a Comment