Saturday, March 21, 2009

3 Active Fandoms and a Birthday

The Darklings are all a buzz because Shirley posted a demo of one of her “noir” songs on her facebook profile. It didn’t really matter because I was planning on leaving her an inane comment if she posted something or not.

I can’t explain why but the song sort of reminds me of the Gwen song “Early Winter”. I don’t want anybody hating on me for saying that or thinking I’m trying to compare Gwen’s solo stuff to Shirley‘s. The song reminds me a little of “Cup of Coffee” too. Well at least she didn’t make a song like “Buttons”. I don’t think she would write a song like that. It’s not her style. I don’t see how this song is “noir”. There are Garbage songs more noir than that. I think it was just an excuse to drop her from the label.

I thought it was funny when Shirley used the word “noirling” would the correct term be “noirette“? If the word was literally translated into French. I’m not going to really criticize the word “noirling” since she coined it.

It was my mom’s birthday yesterday. Too bad my mom isn’t a darkling. She would’ve eaten that up if she was.

You know my mom shares a birthday (day and month) with Lady Gaga and Chester from Linkin Park. I already knew she shares one with Pat Riley. She use to share one with Fred Rogers well until he died. Here’s a silly idea I had. To throw a celebrity birthday party. Depending on your birthday the theme of your party would be the celebrities that share it with you. For example my mom’s party would have Lady Gaga and Linkin Park songs playing. You could show episodes of Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood, Spike Lee movies, and decorate with Lakers, Heat, Knicks and Rockets things. That’d be a pretty funky party. :/

You know what sucks 3 of my fandoms are currently active and I’m having a hard time keeping up. They are; Shirley Manson, John Cena, and No Doubt. @o@

I haven’t decided if I’m going to see his movie. The Marine was a real disappointment. I didn’t expect much from him. He’s not really an actor. He was very funny on his appearance on Kimmel. I thought it was funny when Kimmel told Cena to call his fans “Cena-citizens” LOL! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment