Monday, September 7, 2009

The Labor Mix

I took the day off yesterday :P

My RSS feed to Shirley’s facebook notes is acting stupid again. Why won’t it update when I need it to!?

I don’t know how I exactly did it, but I got myself a years subscription Business Week magazine. I thought I was signing up for a sample of lip gloss, and I ended up getting the magazine. When I called customer service they told me I can’t cancel the subscription because it was free. According to what she explained to me I had some kind of rewards points, and I used them to get the magazine. It’s really a shame because they wouldn’t stop it for me even though I told them I didn’t want it. All those magazines are just being wasted and it hurts my heart in an environmental way.

It’s the start of fall or so the marketing machine says. Just because Labor Day is over doesn’t mean it’s fall. Fall starts when it’s the equinox. Just like summer doesn’t start after Memorial Day. Summer starts on the solstice in June, and not earlier. Why would summer start in May anyway? That is still spring!

I came up with a great name for a Labor Day mix. “The Labor Mix”. Ok maybe it sounds like something you listen to while you are giving birth or while you are working. You know when it’s a holiday radio stations do some type of countdown, play a continuous mix, or have some type of weekend. I don’t know why but for some reason I don’t like continuous mixes.

Speaking of Labor Day weekend programming on KROQ is having a “Labor Day to Z” weekend. Anyway the DJ said you could request songs that would be coming up. You know like if they are on “F‘s” you could request a “G” song. Oh yeah the songs are played in alphabetical order of song title. Anyway I was listening during the “M‘s“,“N‘s” and “O‘s”. I requested 4 songs and they played NONE OF THEM! Here are the 4 songs I requested: “Novicane for the Soul” by the Eels, “Never Say Never” by that dog., “New” by No Doubt “Only Happy When it Rains” by Garbage. Ok so the first 2 songs aren’t usually played on KROQ anymore. I think KROQ hasn’t played that dog. since about 1997. But “New” and “Only Happy When it Rains” are pretty popular songs. (or at least I thought they were)

Their holiday weekends use to be good now they are just a joke! During this countdown they play the same old tired Nirvana, Foo Fighters, and Linkin Park songs they always play with a few lesser played songs thrown in. Well it least it wasn’t like when they would have a 90s weekend and play “Bathwater” by No Doubt which is obliviously a 2000s song. The album came out in April of 2000. They eventually stopped playing it when I wrote an angry email to the station through one of their surveys.

At least this year my dad didn’t make me watch the beginning of the telethon. I think it’s really boring. My dad is still hoping it was like the way it was in the old days. I have nothing against Jerry and his charity. I know a lot of people say he steals from it and stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment