Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I like Mice

After looking over that blog I wrote about Halloween I remembered I also want to dress as Gadget from Chip N Dale Rescue Rangers and Pinky from Pinky and the Brain. Then I realized they are both mouse characters.

I’ve wanted to dress as Gadget since I was about 5, and liked that character. I remember one year I think in like 1990 or 1991 I was really thinking about making a costume. I was talking it over with my mom. We were thinking about how to make it. Gadget wears a purple jumpsuit with a magenta belt or band on it. Back then I use to like to wear goggles on my head like a headband like she does. She was doing that before it was cyberpunk/cybergoth. I think I use to wear swim goggles. We talked about it but the costume never materialized I think I ended up being a witch. That was the first time I dressed as a witch. I think I’ve been one about 5 or 6 times since then.

I think the costume will be easy to make all you need is a purple jumpsuit, some magenta fabric to make the belt, blue goggles (you could always paint them or something), long strawberry blond hair, and a pink nose.

Here are some pictures of Gadget for reference. The 2nd is a little blurry because it's a scan of a comic book page.

Pinky what can I say about him? I’ve always liked him. Well he’s not my favorite Animaniacs character. That’s Mindy. Pinky and I do share a physical attribute. Pinky was my nickname in 6th grade. It would be fun and hard to dress as Pinky. I’d need a fur suit or something. I don’t want a giant head. I’d rather paint my face or something.

Then I can really get into character, and go around yelling things like “Narf!”, “Poit!”, “Troz!”, and “Zort!”. I can also talk with a cockney accent like Pinky has and say “Egad!”

In case anybody doesn't know. Pinky is the taller mouse in the picture. Brain is the shorter one.

No comments:

Post a Comment