Sunday, May 30, 2010

I Can't Stand to look at Purple!

After doing a little research overly flowery writing is referred to in the writing world as "purple prose". According to the Wikipedia it is used currently in romance novels. There are many online articles about this type of writing. One of the articles says writing like this will get a person an A+ paper. I'm not sure how many people who are not English teachers would want to read that kind of writing.

I'm sick of combing over my work. I'm not looking at it for a whole day. Knowing my luck my dad will waste all the black ink when I need to print the stories out.

I came up with a new recipe today. It's a knockoff Orange Bang type drink. I mixed orangeade with non dairy whipped topping with a splash of vanilla. Good, but not so frothy.

No comments:

Post a Comment